BARC ANIMAL SHELTER AND ADOPTIONS
Adopt A Pet / Search Adoptable Pets
ADOPTION PROCESS UPDATE
Please feel free to visit us at our 3200 Carr St. entrance Tuesday to Sunday from 12pm to 5pm to adopt a pet. BARC is closed for adoptions on Mondays. Please note that animal adoptions remain first come, first serve. Facial coverings and social distancing is recommended while visiting the shelter.
See the most up-to-date listing of available pets below! Please note that pets listed as "IN FOSTER CARE" are currently not in the shelter, but can still be adopted by emailing email@example.com.
ADOPTING A PET AT BARC
Follow the steps below to adopt a pet that is currently in the shelter.
- Start the process by planning your visit to BARC! You can view our available pets by clicking the buttons above!
- Once you arrive to BARC you will be handed a map with additional information. If you already have a pet in mind that you would like to meet, please see staff to direct you to where the pet is housed.
- When you find an animal you’d like to meet, please ask a team member for assistance so you can interact with the pet. Please do not open kennels without supervision.
- Spend some time with the pet you may be adopting. BARC team members are happy to answer questions you may have or provide you with details (if available) on the pet you are considering.
- Once you have made a decision on a pet you would like to join your family, please alert a team member to assist you.
- Return to the Adoption Lobby to complete the adoption process. Please scan the QR code on the table to fill out the adoption application. Have a seat and our Customer Service team will notify you if you must speak to our Medical team or Adoption Coordinators prior to completing the adoption.
- Your adoption application will be reviewed and our team will let you know if the pet is able to leave the same day.
If you need additional information about adoptions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IS THE PET YOU WANT TO ADOPT IN FOSTER CARE?
Follow the steps below to adopt a pet in Foster Care! Pets in Foster Care will have "Foster" listed as their Kennel on BARCly or will show an email address in the PetHarbor comments.
- Email email@example.com with the name and animal ID of the pet you are interested in.
- BARC will connect you with the foster caregiver through email so that you can learn more about the pet's personality! You can also set up a virtual meet & greet with the pet! Please allow at least 48 hours for the foster caregiver to reach out.
- Found your purrfect match? The foster caregiver will provide next steps and notify BARC that you are moving forward with the adoption. Please plan to come to BARC to complete the adoption process once approved.
If you need additional information on adopting a pet from foster care, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
We are taking precautions in the shelter to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Masks/facial coverings are recommended.
- You must be 18 years old & have a valid government-issued photo ID to adopt.
- Please check the pet policies at your residence, including breed or size restrictions and pet deposits/fees, prior to completing the adoption process.
- If the pet you've fallen in love with is already spayed or neutered, they will leave with you the same day. Be prepared to take your new pet home with you! BARC provides a cardboard carrier for cats and a temporary leash for dogs.